MALCOLM EATON Enterprises offers a variety of career opportunities and continually accepts applications for both its degreed and non-degreed positions. Jobs range from direct care workers to registered nurses to production supervisors. The organization offers full-time workers paid training, medical and life insurance, a 403(b) plan, flexible spending account benefits, and paid vacation and sick time.
All potential employees are required to submit an application; a copy is found below. To apply, bring or mail your completed application to our Main Campus at 570 West Lamm Road, Freeport, Illinois, 61032. The fillable application, resumes and questions may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MALCOLM EATON Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants who are considered for employment must pass drug and alcohol screens and are subject to health care worker background checks.
Full job descriptions available upon request.
MALCOLM EATON Enterprises is a leading Non-for-profit agency who has been providing day training services and residential assistance for adults with disabilities for over 50 years.
We currently have an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager. This individual will be responsible for supervising and managing the accounting department and all areas of financial reporting. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting records, creating and following best practices, and creating and continuing systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting of financial information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Will make recommendations on budgets, financial strategy, financial reporting, and forecasting. Will also be responsible for managing other team members as well as helping with audit and ledger preparation. Reports directly to the Executive Director and responsible for supporting Managers, and Board Members with financial tracking and reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements and analysis.
- Manage and supervise accounting department employees with day-to-day supervision and leadership
- Maintain and oversee all accounting procedures and processes
- Record and research all financial information for analysis
- Oversee budget reports, preparation and analysis of budgets.
- Advise on procedure and financial management
- Oversee financial reports for Board Members and Senior Management
- Participate in all financial audits Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Forecast and budget in accordance with financial needs and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related financial field
- Previous experience as an accounting supervisor or manager
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, as well as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage employees, while multi-tasking large projects
This individual will perform various accounting and finical duties; providing accurate and timely financial information.
- Be able to succeed within and adhere to the culture of the MALCOLM EATON Enterprises.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Working knowledge of computers; experience with Microsoft office products is essential.
- Knowledge of OSAS payroll system is preferred or willingness to learn.
- Ability to keep all interested parties involved in a project updated and complete the project within the time frame given.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and is capable of utilizing these skills within all levels of the Company as well as externally.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manage multiple assignments by utilizing time management skills to ensure day-to-day assignments and special projects are completed within guidelines agreed upon.
- Ability to manage the accounting department while working as an effective team member of in the agency, as a whole. Willingness to pitch in and do work that may not be a specific part of the job description for the overall good of the department and agency.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive health insurance with health reimbursement account
- Paid time off / Paid Holidays
- Competitive 403(b) program.
RN / Social Services
Full-Time Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Exceptional benefits package
The RN works collaboratively with residential providers, pharmacies, and doctors to ensure a safe working and living environment for all individuals with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities served by Malcolm Eaton Enterprises.
Strong medication management practices and organization skills are a must for the RN.
This position requires you to become a DHS Nurse-Trainer to provide training, authorize, and delegate medication administration tasks. Guidance with acquiring this status will be provided.
Current IL RN license required. Criminal Background check, drug screening, and valid driver’s license are also required.
Support Worker Part-Time
Working in a residential setting with adults with developmental disabilities, assisting with activities of daily living and community outings. Shifts may vary. Previous experience preferred, but not required. All candidates must have and maintain a valid Illinois driver’s license, and have reliable transportation. High School diploma/GED is also required.
Includes Weekends and Holidays and split shifts
All positions require a criminal background check and drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to:
MALCOLM EATON Enterprises
570 W Lamm Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Or call 815-235-7181 Ext, 2147